Decision in Waterkeeper May Have Significant Impact on Farmers
How does National Pork v. EPA Impact Hoosier Farmers?
Now the EPA is asking for comments on the continued viability of the CAFO Rule. Specifically, the EPA asks impacted citizens and stakeholders to submit comments on the follow topics:
- The continued need for the rule;
- The nature of complaints or comments received concerning the rule;
- The complexity of the rule;
- The extent to which the rule overlaps, duplicates, or conflicts with other Federal, State, or local government rules; and
- The degree to which the technology, economic conditions or other factors have changed in the area affected by the rule.
In the next few weeks, I'll be working with livestock owners and industry groups to submit comments on these subjects to the EPA. Send me your thoughts if you would like me to consider including your feedback with other comments. To submit your own comments to the EPA, email them to firstname.lastname@example.org. The deadline is December 31, 2012.
To read the CAFO Rule, click here.